Explore IDEAS

Frequently Asked Questions

Immigration consultation and immigration services are offered by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) through Explore
I.D.E.A.S Immigration and Education Corp.

The consultation is specific, personalized, tailored to the individual goals and needs of each client and in their native language if required.

Relevant information is assessed when there are factors that may positively or negatively affect the application, including family members (partner, children, parents) to explore immigration benefits that may be obtained through the principal applicant.

The benefit of having an initial immigration consultation is to be able to assess your personal situation and provide you with tailored recommendations to give you the best chance of success in your immigration application. During your consultation you will be provided with answers to specific questions and recommendations.

Whether you have specific questions or would like a review of the immigration categories you may qualify for based on your profile, we offer an immigration consultation service to explore your options (via videocall, Phone, In person) to obtain information and guidance on how, where, when to start your immigration process, study, work, permanent residency, etc.

The hours of availability for consultations are Monday to Friday from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Vancouver, BC) PST ( Pacific Standard Canada Time). If other days and times are required for you to communicate with privacy and confidentiality, please let us know and adjustments will be made to accommodate your needs and the time differences that exist between Vancouver and other parts of the world.
There is a fee for immigration consultations. Contact us to request a quote.

General and free immigration information can be obtained through the official website of the
Government of Canada “Immigration and Citizenship Canada www.cic.gc.ca

Scholarship information, management, application and processing must be obtained at the applicant’s own expense. Scholarships are generally applied for with the appropriate governments, agencies, organizations, and/or associations of the country of
origin or citizenship of the candidate.

“Explore I.D.E.A.S Immigration and Education” does NOT offer the service of researching, processing or applying for SCHOLARSHIPS.

Foreign students applying for international scholarships are much more likely to obtain scholarships to study in a foreign country through the efforts of their home countries and designated scholarship processing and awarding agencies.

Scholarships for study in Canada for international students are limited. Existing scholarships are generally awarded to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Applicants applying for a visa to study in Canada must prove to the immigration authorities that they have the financial ability to cover the costs of study and housing, transportation, medical expenses and all expenses related to their stay in Canada, without relying on the award of a scholarship.

There are some schools in Canada that offer scholarships or promotions to international students. Generally these scholarships are partial, limited and subject to requirements and conditions.

Check our promotions section frequently for updates on existing scholarships and available promotions.

For more information on scholarships visit: www.scholarships.gc.ca

Request quotes from explore@immigrationandeducation.com for specific services and specific programs for IMMIGRATION, STUDY IN CANADA, STUDY IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD, WORK IN CANADA & STUDENT SERVICES.

For your trip to Canada as a tourist, student, worker or permanent resident, you must consider covering all related expenses and have the financial ability to cover them in full. One of the most important factors in the approval or denial of visas and most immigration processes is that the applicant can prove to the immigration authorities that he or she has sufficient monetary funds and the full ability to cover all costs for the length of stay for which he or she is applying for visas and permits.

Coverage of expenses should be contemplated without the need for conditionalities or dependencies on scholarships, getting a job or any kind of social assistance.

Cost ranges in Canada vary from province to province and can also vary significantly from person to person according to their preferences, needs and very personal circumstances.

The costs presented here are approximate and are presented only as a generalized guide to give an idea of the price range in Canada. To confirm specific costs, updated and adapted directly to the service requested, quotations should be requested.

The examples presented here are approximate ranges of values in Canadian dollars (CAD) MONTHLY and based on the city of Vancouver, within the province of British Columbia, Canada.

For students or visitors $65 – $120 CAD or more

Homestay with a family including meals: $850 – $1100 CAD or more. It varies across the country.

Average rent of a 1 bedroom apartment: $750 – $1800 CAD or more. .It varies across the country.

Average rent for a room, in shared housing with other students $500 – $900 CAD or more . It varies across the country.

Public Transit: Monthly pass $90 – $125 CAD or more. It varies across the country.

Grocery store food purchase for 1 person $250- $500 CAD or more. It varies across the country.

Conversion from Canadian dollars to foreign currency: http://www.bankofCanadá.ca/rates/exchange/currency-converter/

Explore I.D.E.A.S. Immigration and Education services do NOT include immigration processing of refugee applications from any country.

Most people need a work permit to work in Canada. The procedure for obtaining a work permit depends mainly on the immigration category under which you are applying to enter Canada.

You can work:
With a student permit through a work-study program (*). Qualified educational programs at a designated school that allow the student to work as long as the student meets the conditions and rules of the
Canadian immigration system.
With a valid job offer and the corresponding paperwork. Through skilled immigration programs.
(*Language study programs in Canada do NOT qualify for study and work benefits.)

Visitors/Tourists. Generally, foreigners who enter Canada as visitors/tourists are not allowed to work.
There are some jobs that have the exception and special characteristics of being able to be done without the need for a work permit.

You can contact our services for questions about your specific situation.

It is illegal to work in Canada without proper work permits. Foreign nationals who work illegally are subject to many potential risks including penalties, deportation, abuse and fraud by employers. This can negatively affect your future in Canada, if you were contemplating immigration/permanent residence in this country. In addition, this puts employers and companies who have hired foreigners without work permits at risk.
There are also fines and legal consequences for those who hire foreign workers without the proper work permits.

“Explore I.D.E.A.S. Immigration and Education Services” offers assistance in the entire comprehensive and legal process for admission of applicants to qualified educational programs, designated schools, as well as all related immigration processes, educational program search, school selection and admission, study permit, work permit, immigration application processes for permanent residency.

These services are offered by Regulated Immigration Consultants and International Education Specialists who operate with the highest standards of ethics, professionalism and following all the rules of the Ministry of Education and the Canadian immigration system.

Studying in Qualified Academic Programs is one of the fastest and least complex ways to legally work through a qualified program of study (academic, vocational, or professional training that grants
an academic degree, diploma or certificate). It must be at least 6 months in duration, offered at a designated educational institution and meets all Canadian government requirements.

These educational programs allow the student to work part-time (20 hours per week) while studying, and full-time during scheduled school breaks, such as winter, spring and summer vacation.
There are also qualified work-study educational programs where you can work while studying and obtain a work permit after graduation with a duration ranging from 1 to 3 years.

Depending on the program and school chosen, a student’s legal partner and children in qualifying programs may also be eligible for immigration benefits.

These educational programs can facilitate eligibility for PERMANENT RESIDENCY in Canada through qualified immigration programs as long as the requirements of the immigration category to which you are applying are met.

ENGLISH LEVEL for study and work programs.

Most work-study qualifying educational programs will require a verifiable (intermediate/advanced) level of English language skills in order for you to be admitted to school and to get a job.

If the candidate does NOT have the language level (English or French) required by most of the institutions of higher education in which he/she wishes to enroll, it is recommended that he/she first start a study program of the language he/she wishes to enroll in.
The student will be able to reach the level required to be accepted into the educational programs that offer work-study.

(*Language study programs (English or French or any other) in Canada do NOT qualify for study and work benefits.)

Generally, foreigners entering Canada as visitors/tourists can study in educational programs lasting up to 6 months or less without a student permit. With the immigration category of tourist or this type of study, you
are NOT allowed to work, unless their status or the work the tourists are going to do falls within the exceptions indicated by the Canadian immigration authorities.

Contact us to design a transitional language learning program for you to meet the necessary requirements for acceptance into qualified work-study
educational programs, as well as those programs that facilitate eligibility for permanent residency. The selection of educational programs will be made based on your areas of interest and goals.

When a student is allowed to work through a qualified educational program at a designated school, generally the work permit is an open work permit and does NOT require a document called LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), so the candidate can legally work in available jobs as long as the terms and conditions specified in the work and study permit are met.

Read on to find out more about the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).


To obtain a work permit, you need to have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada and meet all the requirements of the Canadian government and the employer. In most cases, you must apply before entering Canada, in the candidate’s country of origin or where you have residence with a LEGAL status, demonstrate that you have the education, professional experience and knowledge of English or French necessary to carry out the job offered in Canada.

For many jobs in Canada, it is necessary to have a document called LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) provided by a Canadian government service bureau.

LMIA is the document that an employer in Canada may need BEFORE hiring a foreign worker.

A positive LMIA assessment will demonstrate that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job position being offered. It will also demonstrate that NO Canadian citizen or permanent resident could be found to fill the position.
This also includes foreign candidates already residing in Canada with the appropriate work permits, with availability to perform the work that is being offered to the foreign worker.
If the employer needs an LMIA, he or she should make the appropriate arrangements. Employers are generally advised NOT to justify or state that the employment to be given to an alien requires the ability to communicate in a foreign language other than English or French.

Once a positive LMIA assessment is obtained, the foreign worker may apply for a work permit.

To apply for the work permit, the foreign worker needs: A valid job offer.
A contract from your employer. A copy and the LMIA number.
There are some jobs that are exempt from LMIA, as well as specific jobs that have exceptions and special features of being able to be performed without the need for a work permit, or where the permit can be applied for at a port of entry or from within Canada.
Contact our services for questions about your specific situation. Once a valid job offer is obtained, Explore I.D.E.A.S. Immigration and
Education’s services include immigration services to process the work
permit with the Canadian government immigration authorities. MINIMUM HOURLY WAGE FOR JOBS IN CANADA.
The pay system for jobs in Canada can vary according to the provinces, the type of work to be performed, its conditions and the education and experience of the worker, among others.

The worker can be paid by the hour, day, week, month or year.

The table below shows the minimum hourly wage for adult workers in the different provinces of Canada obtained from the Government of Canada website.


Current And Forthcoming Minimum Hourly Wage Rates For Experienced Adult Workers in Canada – Canada.ca

Our immigration and education services offer assistance in the entire comprehensive and legal process for the admission of candidates to qualified educational programs, designated schools, as well as all the corresponding immigration processes, search of educational programs, selection and admission to schools, study permit, work permit, immigration processes of application for permanent residence.

These services are offered by Regulated Immigration Consultants and International Education Specialists who operate with the highest standards of ethics, professionalism and following all the rules of the Ministry of Education and the system.
Canadian immigration law.

Contact: explore@immigrationandeducation.com

If you are exploring IDEAS for immigration or study in Canada, or have already made the decision to travel to Canada:

Contact our service agency.

Fill out the application form indicating your contact information, plans for study, work, immigration, visit, etc. It is very helpful if you provide as much information as possible indicating area of interest for study and work, preferred location in Canada or other countries, time availability and budget, when you want to start your studies or process, short, medium and long term goals.

Explore I.D.E.A.S Immigration and Education will present you with options and quotes according to your plans and interests.

A selection is made and the corresponding applications, arrangements and payments are made.
If the service is for study in Canada or other countries, schools will provide or notify the necessary documents for visa processing.

If the service is for student services: lodging, transportation, medical insurance, airport reception, excursions, or other requested services, the corresponding payments must be made with the service providers in order to make the pertinent reservations and assignments.

If the service is for immigration processes, it will be indicated in a timely manner of all required documentation and payments for the initiation and processing of applications.

The path along the road to the realization of your goals and dreams has been mapped out. “Explore I.D.E.A.S Immigration and Education will guide you through every part of the process so that your experience is positive, unforgettable and above all, so that you can reach your goal successfully.